a cursory glance at my bible of a cupcake book secured me the below brownie-esque recipe...and lo what delights were in store!
1 1/4 cups golden caster sugar
100g dark chocolate, chunked
225g butter, diced
3/4 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 pkt sour cherries...which is 1/2 a cup!
1. Preheat your oven to 177C
2. Melt the chocolate chunks with the butter, in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
3. Add the sugar, stir well and let this mixture cool for about 10 minutes
4. Transfer to a cake mixer and beat for 3 minutes
5. Add the eggs one at a time, beating between each addition for a 30 seconds
6. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, mix this in well
7. Fold in the cherries
8. Scoop into cupcake cases & bake for 25 minutes
9. Top with cream cheese frosting and a sour cherry!