300g plain flour
225g caster sugar
1tbsp baking powder
2tbsp cocoa powder
2 lightly beaten eggs
115ml sunflower oil
175ml skimmed milk
1tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 175C and line a 12-cup muffin tin (you could use fairy cake cases to make more, smaller cakes)
2. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa.
3. In the bowl of a cake mixer combine the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla. Add the dry mixture to this and beat until just combined - do not overbeat.
4. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases - half fill the cases or you will get muffin tops (heh, a little low fat irony for you)
5. Bake for 20 minutes then remove and cool in the tins for 5 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely and ice as you wish (thus negating the low-fattyness!)